Always observe all of the following precautions for any DURANATETM handling, use, or storage.
Consult the relevant Safety Data Sheet (SDS), available from Asahi Kasei Corporation (AKC), before handling or using any DURANATETM grade. The SDS and the following precautions apply only to DURANATETM as supplied, and it is the customer’s responsibility to investigate and ascertain the safety and suitability of any materials or equipment and their use with DURANATETM.
Do not use DURANATETM in any application which might involve its contact with medicines, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food, or drinking water, or any other application which might result in personal injury or health degradation. Consult your DURANATETM representative or AKC for further information.
- Flammable Liquid. Can release vapors that form explosive mixtures at temperatures above flash point.
- Vapors cause irritation of eyes, nose and throat.
- Inhalation may cause toxic symptoms.
- Repeated contact may cause allergic skin reaction.
- Keep away from flame, spark and other ignition sources at all time.
- Provide thorough ventilation in all areas of use and handling.
- Wear safety goggles and gloves; use respiratory equipment in any area of use or handling that lacks thorough ventilation.
FIRST AID MEASURES
ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Use bunding or absorption with inert material (e.g. dry sand, earth) to prevent product from entering drains or surface water.
- Ventilate area of leak or spill. Remove all sources of ignition.
- Evacuate unnecessary and unprotected personnel.
- Contain and recover liquid when possible.
- Collect liquid in an appropriate container or absorb with an inert material.
- Do not flush to sewer.
- For small quantities, wipe off with cloth or paper, and wash with water and detergent.
- For large quantities, recover by taking up mechanically or with an inert absorbent material such as waste cloth, dry sand, or earth.
- Wash residue with water and detergent.
- Follow prescribed procedures for responding to larger spills and reporting to appropriate authorities.
HANDLING AND STORAGE
|Contact your DURANATETM representative or AKC in the event of question or uncertainty
concerning safe storage, handling, and use of DURANATETM.
Disclaimer of warranty and liability
All information in this brochure is given in good faith and bel ieved to be correct, but Asahi Kasei Corporation (AKC) makes no representation or warranty as to its completeness or accuracy, and it is supplied only on condition that the persons receiving it will make their own determination as to its suitability for their purpose prior to use. In no event will AKC be responsible for damages of any nature resulting from the use of or reliance on such information or the related product. AKC makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, that use of any product, process, equipment, or formulation will not conflict with any patent, and nothing contained herein is to be construed as a recommendation for such use.